History

Garvagh Community BuildingGarvagh Community Building –¬†Erected 1861

The building was erected by Robert Robertson of Garvagh as part of a condition of lease between himself and Lady Garvagh in 1860. The lease was for 99 years and in the first year of it Robertson agreed to erect at his own expense a building of stone and lime slated, and further he would preserve, uphold and maintain them during the time of the lease. This agreement remained in force until June 1913 when Robertson purchased the property, the sale being concluded on the 5th July 1931. The property consisted of two shops and two dwelling houses.

The B1 listed building was bought by Garvagh Development Trust and renovated for use as a community building. The building was officially opened in 2001.